Saturday, June 03, 2006

Who Is Brace Beemer?


Brace Beemer would be unknown to you unless you were a kid growing up in Brooklyn in the 1940s. Three evenings each week at 7:30, The Lone Ranger was broadcast on the Blue Network station, WJZ .
For some reason, it was broadcast a day earlier from WXYZ in Detroit and I was able to receive that station,with a good deal of static ,in my bedroom. How proud I was to know what was going to happen to The Lone Ranger and Tonto a day before any of the other kids at my public school in Brooklyn.
It's funny but I can't remember if I attended P.S.152 or P.S.153 but I clearly remember the man in the mask with his silver bullet. It was Brace Beemer.
For over twenty five years I been collecting bookplates and this is my first blog entry. Stay tuned and I will try to add more bookplate trivia each day.
Lew Jaffe

3 comments:

pacificshell said...

very nice site.A tremendous amount of information and visual treats.m

Anonymous said...

What a delightful site. Very informative and makes for enjoyable reading. Thanks Lew.

Anonymous said...

My name is Brace Beemer named after my Grandpa Brace Bell Beemer out of Oxford MI. He was the voice of the Radio Lone Ranger. Its nice to see so many people still enthused about my grandpa and his shows. If you wish to contact me via email you can reach me at luvmyride2 at Yahoo dot com. Sincerely, R. Brace Beemer